okay, i just have to share.
i started taking the strategic shopping small group. so far we have only met twice....but just going is making me more aware of HOW i shop for food. this week i didn't buy but just a couple of things that weren't on sale. my best finds:
1) the 7 bags of reese's minis that i scored for 0.94 ea. woo-hoo!!! they were 1/2 off (valentines) and then SOME of the bags (the ones i bought) had additional 0.75 off coupons ON THE BAGS!!! yay!!! i was beside myself!!
2) the 3.5 lbs. of bananas for 0.94...they are a little brown...but OHHHH how yummy will they be in banana bread?
3) the BAG of bell peppers for 0.99!! i use those things ALL the TIME!!
4) cans of CAMPELLS cream of mushroom soup for .39 ea...yeah they are a little banged up....but it all tastes the same.
and then i had a few things that were BOGO and i had coupons....yay!!! so overall i SAVED $66.00...i still have a lot of learning to do....but that is WAY more than i usually save in one week. anyhoo....i'm not sure that anyone will be ontersted....but i wanted to share it with the world!!! haha!!!
OUR LIFE
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
excited about grocery shopping? what?!
Posted by AngelGirl at 6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What great bargains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not have considered the brown bananas but what a great way to see almost dead bananas!! You are inspiring me!
Love the pic of "Mac" for v-day! hee hee
The dog! Yikes! Better to let him go now than when Mac is 10?! If you are both in agreement - go for peace rather than a temporary warm/fuzzy feeling that isn't outweighing the pain of your daily grief from the beast!!!!!! Maybe I am cold! :) Sorry if my suggestion doesn't make you feel warm/fuzzy! haha
That is exciting!!!
OMG! I'm totally jealous! Where do you shop to be able to find the dented cans on sale? I use cream of mushroom soup a lot, but the places I shop don't give discounts.
I think I'm thrifty, but I've never been able to save $60 on groceries!
VERY cool!!!
Now I can't wait for my banana bread!
Great deals!!! I need to do more walking around and seeing what deals I can find. :)
Isn't it great! My favorite day of the week is Wed when the ads come! Oh, and then Sunday when the coupons come! Have fun!
Post a Comment