i don't know how many of you have ever been to an "Air Show".....but we were able to attend the Naval Air show, last night. it was amazing!!!! i don't remember what type of planes these were- but the stunts were pretty cool!!! they simulated an "air fight" i couldn't get a good photo- :( but the announcer said that there are times when pilots fly as close as 1 foot apart!!! can you imagine!!!!
my favorite photo!!!
the photo above was pretty funny! the wind was blowing like CRAZY last night....i mean 20-30 mph. so part of the show was cancelled and while we were waiting these geese flew by!!! so funny!! here we had been watching these amazing aerobatics and all of the sudden a flock of goofy geese decide to fly in almost the EXACT flight path!!! the crowd thought it hilarious!!! they did eventually get into a perfect "V" formation, BTW! haha!!
like i said- the wind was pretty crazy!! we were NOT properly attired! i (being a WONDERFUL mommy) sacrificed MY t-shirt that was being used as a blanket- so that MAC could bundle up!!! there were people in sweatshirts and wrapped up in blankets!!! i REALLY need to pay more attention to the weather!!!! i did have the forthought to make MAC wear long pants- though!! {score!}
that is how we spent our friday night- how fun!!! MAC and TC were in HEAVEN!! i think TC had more fun than MAC!!! it was so amazing to see, hear, and FEEL the power of these machines and know that they are used to protect our country and our lives!!!! i mean i have seen and heard jets fly by.....but i have NEVER been up close to one...well not while its was in flight anyway. just amazing! they are HUGE!! and OHHHHH are they loud!!! and the pilots that were performing last night are LITERALLY some of the best in the world- a few hold world records for different things! and WE got to go and watch (for free)!!! so if you ever have the opportunity to attend one of these shows GOOOOOO!!! it is worth the experience!!!!



6 comments:
Very cool! Looks like you guys had fun!
I bet Baby J was enjoying the night, too. Was he kicking every time the engines fired up? Def sounds like there's way more to do in VA than B'ham!
lee- haha! baby j is ALWAYS kicking and having a good time!!! i swear i think he is going to come out running faster the MAC!!!
yeah, much cooler stuff to do around here, btw. ;)
Sooo much fun. I have great memories of going to air shows with my parents as a kid. They really are neat! I guess I need to start keeping track of the weather in VA so I can keep you informed there also! LOL!
How cool! I'm sure MAC loved it!!!
I used to go to air shows as a little kid. I always loved them!
Miss you guys.
What a fun outing! I love the pics you took of the planes flying over and the geese - what an extra bonus! :)
How are you adjusting? What about MAC? Is hubby's job to his liking? Do you love your new home/state? What an adventure!!!
Blessings
Post a Comment