OUR LIFE

Saturday, January 19, 2008

SERIOUSLY?!

i thought that good old james was joking when he said that we would get snow!! and at 800 this morning i thought "yup, I was right- no snow" then the hubby called from out of town to ask what the weather was like...i said "WET!" he said...."just wait". so i went back to sleep....hahaha! its saturday!!! so my brother calls TWO HOURS LATER and asks if we are okay "since its the end of the world y'know"....i said "has it snowed?" "YEAH!!!! have you not looked outside?"well sure enought it was so pretty and white!!! i yelled to MAC to go look out the window----i hear him run accross the living room....and he goes "GASP! SNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!
can we go play in it??? " well after he thought about it for a minute...he said it would be too cold (OY). so i told him that we had better play in it ASAP cuz it would be gone soon. so, of course, we couldn't get out fast enough! he was nearly frantic that the snow would be gone by the time we got out there!! we really only got a dusting and there was only enough on the cars and the wooden deck to play with. but it was fun anyway!! it has been YEARS since i got to play in the snow...and he has ever seen it! poor little guy! we threw a few snowballs...mostly at the dog!! and since MAC had no intereest in building a snow man...he built "the north pole- since thats where snow lives." (that was the explaination i got) so we had fun! it snowed for about 2 hrs...and we played in it for about 45 mintes...after mommy put on a 2nd pr. of gloves and my fingers still felt like they were going to fall off....i convinced MAC that i couldn't make anymore snowballs and it was time to go inside. here are a few photos!
(top) "the North pole"
(2nd) MAC threw a snowball
(3rd) building the NP
(bottom) in the yard









4 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

FUN!!! We had fun in the snow today too! I think it was the first time the kids have seen snow! Of course, the weather people made us think it was going to be A LOT more! :-) I'm with you - I never believe the weather people - they were comparing this to winter storm '93! YEAH RIGHT!!!

Rachael said...

Wasn't that so much fun??? I LOVED it! I loved MAC's "North Pole".

annieck said...

It was a glorious day!!! :) :) I'm with ole miss mom...they're always wrong! :)

MorningSong said...

So fun!!!! I too woke up looking out the window feeling disappointment. My first thought was "Whew! I'm glad I didn't tell the kids!!" Boy was it fun while it lasted!!!

Great North pole MAC!! Truly smart reasoning skills! haha