OUR LIFE

Thursday, October 23, 2008

does anyone else find this odd??

i just find this VERY strange!!! i know its not the best photo (taken from a moving vehicle). so PLEASE let me clarify EXACTLY what IT is: what is typically used as a cross to drape at Easter. you know the holiday where we celebrate the ressurection of Jesus?? yeah...except these people thought that it would be a GREAT idea to decorate it for Halloween. you know, the holiday where traditionally people celebrate ghosts, goblins, witches, etc. So if you look closely there is a Jack O' Lantern, Frankenstein, and a Skull!! oh! but they did did try to incorporate Autumn by putting those beautiful flowers sprouting out of the top!!! OY!!! anywhoo...any thoughts?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this at a house or a church? Either way, I think they're a little conflicted. I could understand if they were trying to make a Christian statement to offset Halloween, but I think the Frankenstein and Skulls kinda negate that. Good to know people in VA are as strange as people in AL :)

annieck said...

I thought the flowers were kind of nice...until I saw the Frankenstein and skeletons. WEIRD!

The Hairstons said...

That's just wrong! Very strange indeed!

On a side note, I am having a 'missing A terribly' week! =(

AngelGirl said...

leisha- you have NOOOO idea how much i am missing you guys this week!!!!:( i could really use a MNO @ starbucks!!

lee- it is a house...i'll be curious what they do for other holidays!! haha!!! MLK day could be interesting....4th of july would be pretty? will keep you posted!!! haha!

annie- its just strange...i just don't get it!!! i'm going to try to get a better photo- so everyone can see the detail!! haha!

LOVE you all!!! glad to know you still read my blog occasionally. :p

MorningSong said...

Very disturbing!! :)

How are you?? When's that baby due again?

Blessings!

Unbreakable said...

This picture is not something you see around often, I have no clue what it represents, but I find it odd especially if its at a house.