okay so there is this huge festival that goes on every year here- the neptune festival!!! obviously, this guy isn't a Sandcastle- he's just REALLY COOL!!!! this statue is about 30 ft tall...and worked into the base are various sea creatures....and he's right on the waterfront. i did grow concerned when MAC said "LOOK! its a statue of God!!!" uh-oh! maybe i should work a little more Bible Study into our routine....you think? haha! We went to the North American Sandsculpting Contest on Sept. 29. which sounds a little lame...until you get there and see some of the "sculptures"....they're AMAZING!!! there are "artists" from all over the WORLD. pretty amazing:
this first one was really kinda weird...some of the "sculptures" had names.....but this one didn't...we figured it had something to do with birth of humanity....hmmmmm..........
this one we thought was wierd-but cute...the title was "you complete me" haha!!! get it?
THIS one was BY FAR our favorite!!! it had won the "sculpters choice award."



5 comments:
WOW!!!! That is INCREDIBLE!!! I'm so glad you got pictures so you could share. That last sculpture was AMAZING!!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
What would you have done if MAC just ran and tackled one of them? ;)
OHH he wanted to! believe me!!! the first thing he asked was "can we go IN the castles?" OY!!! he asked yesterday if we could go back to the castles and climb in the boat one {i didn't post a photo}....haha!!! what am i goingto do with this kid??? haha!!!
HILARIOUS!!! I mean, what kid wouldn't want to get on those castles? SO cool!
We sure do miss you guys!
WOW!!! Those are really incredible!What talent!!! I can't believe how fast they completed them....crazy!!! I LOVE that last one.
COOL! I bet MAC loves seeing those!
Post a Comment